Wooden handles garden tools

Hi, Is there a finish I can put on garden tools with wooden handles. Have a few that have been around for a while and would like to put a protective finish on them.
Thanks Dan
Dante Mincin wrote:

You can use just about anything you want. I might suggest boiled linseed oil.
--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math
I've always used boiled linseed oil, it takes a day or so to dry, but seems to protect the wood where the original varish has worn/weathered off. It they are real old or weathered, try a coat of half boiled linseed and half turpentine which will soak in more, once it has dried then apply a coat of straight boiled linseed. If the wood's rough cource steel wool may smooth it up. Dont forget the end grain at the ends.
Beware of the rags used, spread them out flat to dry harden before disposal. Note too raw linseed oil could be used but it will dry *much* slower, so best to use boiled.

I got a can of it stashed somewhere and will use it.
Thanks Dan

On Wed, 07 Apr 2004 02:16:34 GMT, "Dante Mincin"

Any finish will help protect. Watco danish oil, varnish, polyurethane, or paint. The metal parts should be wiped with kerosene to remove and prevent rust.