wood stain in concrete

I stained my fence a while ago and dripped stain on my concrete patio.I have tried pressure washing and tried scrubbing with various detergents and cleaning agents and nothing has made any differance.Anyone have any ideas on removing wood stain from concrete. Thanks

Reply to
brent

Even though it is wood stain, it will do the same thing to any porous surface. You have stained your concrete and short of removing the concrete, there is no way to remove it. What you might try is staining the rest of the concrete to match.

Reply to
Robert Allison

Stain penetrates so it cant be removed from concrete like paint with a blowtorch and wire brush. Applying other clear petroleum distillates like laquer thinner or mineral spirits will only cause discoloration of a different kind, as that penetrates too making more problems.

Reply to
RickH

I had a similar problem although it was flagstone, not concrete. I tried a poultice of talcum and acetone, as recommended for oil stains on stone countertops and such. After two or three applications some of the stains were significantly lighter but overall results were disappointing. I also tried a thick, gel-like paint stripper, allowing it to sit for 20 or 30 minutes and then powerwashing. Again, some of the stains were lighter but total results were negligible. The application of the poultice and the paint stripper did cause temporary discoloration. There were no signs of them a few days after power washing. A couple of months later they appear to be fading on their own enough that I'm not worried about it anymore. It seems nature doesn't like the stain and will take it's course. The lesson I've learned from the whole episode is to use thick plastic and not old bedsheets for drop cloths.

Reply to
frank megaweege