Wont' start?

I could try that. Actually it has two kick stands and it's only using the one that makes it lean. I hadn't tried too hard to get it up on the two-legged kick stand because someone on the scooter webpage thought that had to be not? deployed (whatever that means) to start the bike. But a) the generic schematic doesn't show that, and b) now that it starts easily (after a 10 minute wait ) I'll know if that's true or not.

No, there's another tube that does that.
This tube it seems was meant to go nowhere. I found on google maps in an industrial n'hood a place Nnnn Cycle Salvage, and when I went there it was a dismal warehouse with almost no light, and only about 15 junk bikes afaict, but two were like mine and one still had a carburetor, and it had the same 2" hose going nowhere. I don't get it!

I did today, though I haven't put the 90 degree bend in it yet. That might be necesssary too afaik.
I put my finger on the hole earlier and didn't feel blowing or sucking.
It might be hard to feel sucking from such a little hole, but I also put my finger on the hole where that tube to the auto-shut-off (vacuum petcock) went, in the intake manifold, and I could feel a little sucking there.
Earlier I had rolled up a tiny bit of newspaper and stuffed it in that port, the vacuum porrt , and it ran no better or worse than when the tube was on it. But when the engine stopped, after the usual 15 seconds or so, the piece of paper shot out 2 feet!!! ???????

It seems good to me. It's not as great as what comes from the hose directly connected to the tank, buit it has to pass through the filter, the vacuum petcock and three other short hoses. When I suck on the petcock vacuum it turns on and when I stop sucking, it stops or lets a trickle through.
I figured maybe I thought I was sucking for 15 seconds but had really stopped, so when the engine slowed down, I sucked harder. No change, still slowing down and dying.

I blew with my lungs but nothing happened. What about an air compressor?

How would I move the float up and down? The carb is still in one piece, and mounted in one place.

That's a good idea. I don't know that I've ever run it dry, but I've run it to the point where it stops.

I can't get at that without removing the carb.

The output pressure is adjustable. I'll be careful.