WIRING TO A GAS FURNACE

The circulating pump on my gas-hot water furnace is marked 0.7 amps. Do I have to put this circuit on a dedicated line? Thanks G

Circuit breakers and fuses are 15 amps or more. 0.7 amps is like one traditional incancdescent 75 (or 85) watt lightbulb. So you wouldn't have to do it becuase of high amperage used. Maybe there is some other reason you have in mind?

Reply to
mm

First, you don't have a gas hot water furnace. You have a boiler. Furnaces heat air, boilers heat water.

The circulator is usually wired to a relay on the boiler and works in conjunction with the thermostat. The boiler main power should be on a dedicated circuit. If you have something different, please be more specific as it would be very unusual.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

As Ed said, the circulator pumps and other boiler controls would generally be wired to the same circuit as the burner, unless you have more pumps or equipment than a single circuit can handle, in which case you would add more circuits

Reply to
RBM