Wiring Timer Switch Question

I recently bought a timer wall switch for my outside lights. When I went to swap out the switches I ran into a problem. The old switch is in a gang box with 2 other switches. The switch had 2 black wires running to it and all 3 netural wires are gathered together with a nut in the back of the box. The new switch had a black, white, and blue wire. The instructions said I must have a white wire to make this work and gave no further explanation.

Question1: Can I take the netural wire for that light from the ones grouped together in the back and attach to the white wire? Question2: What would I attach the blue wire to?

This switch may not work in this situation, but wanted to check with others before I have to ship back to the seller. Any help would be appreciated.

Reply to
bt

It seems that you are replacing a mechanical switch (windup as the knob is turned) with one that that has an electric or electronic timer. The neutral wire should be able to be connected to the neutral wires that are in the box. The new switch black wire will go to the hot black wire that is on the old timer and the blue wire will go to the other old switch black wire which goes to the outside lights.

Reply to
Ralph Mowery