Wiring for A/C - Quick Disconnect

I am installing a mini-split a/c system with multiple indoor units off a single outdoor unit. The instructions provided with the units are somewhat grammatically challenging, and I am unable to make sense of the wiring requirements, beyond that the indoor units are supplied from the outdoor unit, which is provided from a 60 amp 230v circuit breaker. Where does the QD come in the wiring? In the 230v line to the outdoor unit, or on the returns to the indoor units? Thanks in advance, Stephen

We put disconnects in both places. One at the outdoor unit, and a wall switch at each indoor unit.
Bobby
Thanks Bobby. The wall switch is a good idea. I'm still not quite clear on the exact wiring, though. I presume it should be 230v from the breaker through the QD to the outdoor unit. Then separate a 110v line directly from the outdoor unit to each of the indoor units (via the respective wall switches). Is this correct? I'd like to get this right first time. Thanks, Stephen

unit,
switch

No, the indoor units aren't fed from the outdoor unit, they're fed seperately, usually directly from the main panel.