Wiring an outlet

Hello,
I was wondering if it is better to wire an outlet by pigtails or straight thru the outlet. Any suggestions?
Jeff
I hear a lot of people go for pigtails. Personally I suggest a good quality outlet and use the screws provided.
--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

..... in multiwire branch circuits, the removal of a wiring device, such as a receptacle, may not interrupt the continuity of the grounded (neutral) conductor [300.13(B)]. Therefore, the grounded (neutral) conductors must be spliced together and a pigtail must be provided for device terminations. The opening of the ungrounded (hot) or grounded (neutral) conductor of a two-wire circuit during the replacement of a device doesn't cause a safety hazard, so pigtailing these conductors isn't required by the NEC. (from http://www.ecmweb.com/ar/electric_code_qa_12 /)
In general, pigrtailing the neutral is considered best practice.

I pigtail the wires. It is easier to fold up 3 wires when installing the outlet.
Nate