Wiring amperage question

Page 2 of 3

wrotF:

Calculate the maximum current when all the loads are on. If it's more than 20 A, then go to 10 gage wire.
46erjoe wrote:

Around here you cannot wire lights on a 20A circuit. Only dedicated receptacle circuits.
Chris
And where does THAT rule come from? and where is "around here"
--
Steve Barker

"Chris Friesen" < snipped-for-privacy@mail.usask.ca> wrote in message
Steve Barker LT wrote:

Rule 30-104(a) in the CEC. Lighting circuits in a dwelling unit must be protected by 15A fuses or breakers.
I'm in Canada.
Chris
AAAHhhhhhhhhh..
--
Steve Barker

"Chris Friesen" < snipped-for-privacy@mail.usask.ca> wrote in message
Your light-heat-vent unit will probably require a dedicated 20 amp circuit, then the rest of the bathroom could be wired with an additional 20 amp circuit. You should run a dedicated circuit for the bedroom electric heat, and at least one 15 or 20 amp circuits for the balance of the room, keep in mind in the U.S. all bedroom wiring is to be AFCI protected
wrotF:

clarification : 120 volt bedroom outlet wiring is to be AFCI protected
wrotF:

RBM spake thus:

You do mean *bathroom*, not bedroom, right?
--
Just as McDonald\'s is where you go when you\'re hungry but don\'t really
He was correct in what he said. (on new construction only) Although it had nothing to do with the thread.

"David Nebenzahl" < snipped-for-privacy@but.us.chickens> wrote in message

I'm assuming he's talking about new construction here

No, he means bedroom. Perhaps you're reading AFCI and thinking GFCI.
--
Regards,
Doug Miller spake thus:

Ah, yes: I didn't even know of the existence of arc-fault circuit interruptors (and I ought to). Thanks for pointing that out to me.
--
Just as McDonald\'s is where you go when you\'re hungry but don\'t really

Not if it is Al or Al Cu-clad?
What if it is Al Gore?
mm wrote:

He's reinventing the Internet.

He never said he invented the Internet. It was probably one of Rush Limbaugh's lies.

True. What he actually said was, "I took the initiative in creating the Internet." Which, of course, was a lie.

No, Gore was the liar there -- and in many other cases, too. Example: he claimed that his mother sang him to sleep as a child using the song "Look for the Union Label" as a lullaby -- but he was already a grown man when the song was written. Another example: he claimed to have spent his youth working on the family farm; truth is he spent a few weekends there.
Try pointing to just *one* lie told by Limbaugh.
--
Regards,

I can point to lies told by Washington, Jefferson, Lincoln, Gandhi, King, the list goes on and on ;)
Wow, this Limbaugh person must be like Jesus, Mohammed, Budda and God all wrapped into one.
You and this Limbaugh person hang around in a rarefied atmosphere with darn special people!
Not like the people I hang around with.
Mark
They don't call him Maha Rushie for nothing

I'll bet the faithful don't;)

The faithful call him the "truth detector"