Wiring a pool

I get to install a receptacle for my sister's pool pump.

NEC 680 says the GFCI receptacle is required to be feed using an insulated #12 Ground.

Anyone know why this is a requirement? I am guessing that this means all the way back to the panel so fishing the wall will have to be done in 1/2 inch flex. Running conduit in a house seems unnecessary.

Reply to
Terry

It is, Once you get inside a dwelling unit the ground can be a bare wire in a cable like Romex. (1&2 family only) It is just the outside wiring that needs the insulated ground. I think it is a corrosion issue.

Reply to
gfretwell

Boy I sure am glad to hear that.

Thanks