Wiring a pool

I get to install a receptacle for my sister's pool pump.
NEC 680 says the GFCI receptacle is required to be feed using an insulated #12 Ground.
Anyone know why this is a requirement? I am guessing that this means all the way back to the panel so fishing the wall will have to be done in 1/2 inch flex. Running conduit in a house seems unnecessary.

It is, Once you get inside a dwelling unit the ground can be a bare wire in a cable like Romex. (1&2 family only) It is just the outside wiring that needs the insulated ground. I think it is a corrosion issue.
On Fri, 01 Jun 2007 00:11:18 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

Boy I sure am glad to hear that.
Thanks