Wireless Electricity

Page 2 of 2
On Mon, 14 Jul 2008 00:11:43 -0500, AZ Nomad

I also dream about pipes some times. I'm working on a way to make them wirelessly.

I do have a device to deliver both electricity and fluids (water, gas, etc...) wirelessly. It involves a matched pair of small iron boxes, each containing one of the ends of a wormhole. Since these aren't guaranteed safe, each has a protective device to protect the throat from entry by fingers.
To use one, you must engage the "i" mode prior to hookup.
BTW, that's how they get cable TV on the space station :-)

Hmmm, wireless water. Has a nice ring to it. I'm just wondering...when there's a bad atmospheric disturbance like solar flares, comets, magnetic storms from space or Billy Mays yelling, what happens when the cell phone, water and electricity signals get jumbled?
Maybe a good thing can come of it though. Like on your cell phone hear Billy Mays' flesh boiling being electrocuted in water huh?

Wireless electricity transmission is still in experimental stages at MIT. They call it WiTricity, and have been able to transmit about seven feet. My guess is that if and when it's developed to a point that electric services can be wireless, it'll cost more than a generator, and we'll all probably be long dead

assuming a vehicle can reach the site.
all solutions cost money:( wireless electricity doesnt exist to produce useful power.
a inverter off your car is likely the cheapest solution

Tesla had a working wireless power transmitter that drew power from the earths magnetic field, and was able to power lights 25 miles away.
TH wrote:
<snipped>

Cite please?
Jeff
--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat \'57 EE)

What, are you unable to use the internet? Not hard just google "tesla wireless power".
TH wrote:

I've read many references about Tesla and wireless power transmission, but I've always been skeptical about that Colorado Springs lighting of numerous bulbs at a distance of 25 miles.
Tesla's character appeared in the 2006 movie "Prestige". David Bowie played Tesla.
Jeff
--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat \'57 EE)

You're right to be skeptical here. Tesla's *genius* is somewhat overblown, and he was something of a "mad scientist", kind of like Wilhelm Reich (of orgone energy fame).
Jeff Wisnia wrote:

The "power transmitter" was a huge Tesla coil. It was powered by the Colorado Springs power utility.
There is a great picture of Tesla reading a book inside the coil with arcing all around him. Unfortunately it is a double exposure.
--
bud--

On Sun, 13 Jul 2008 22:26:49 -0500, hupertfillmore wrote:

Perhaps you should stay in town and donate the cabin.

Franz Fripplfrappl

He probably doesn't actually own it. Probably found an abandoned cabin in the woods and goes there to smoke his dope.
On Jul 13, 11:26pm, snipped-for-privacy@times.com wrote:

I've never responded to a troll before, but this is one case where it *is* possible to transmit power wirelessly. It's certainly not commercially practical, but it is possible.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wireless_energy_transfer
On Jul 13, 11:26pm, snipped-for-privacy@times.com wrote:

Plug in to a Currant bush
Cam