Wireless Doorbell

Page 2 of 2

If the battery of the button (transmitter) is removed or loses contact the bell (receiver) may have to be re-programmed. I dont know about your doorbell but I know the brand IQ America does.
On Thu, 26 Jan 2012 16:02:40 -0500, "Robert Green"

Those wireless doorbells are a pain in the ass. I've dealt with several of them. A place I worked has them because the brick building was too hard to run the wires, but as their maintenance guy, I think I had to tinker with at least one of them at least twice a month. There were 3 units, since the building was too large for one receiver and separate buttons. this was in the late 1990s
About 6 years later I bought one for my home, which has aluminum siding. Due to the metal siding, it would not work at all.
They are unreliable and a pain in the ass. If at all possible, put in a wired doorbell.
Till then, check the batteries with an actual battery tester. Clean contacts, and pray...... Also, if it's real cold outdoors, most electronics tend to run poorly, batteries drop in voltage, etc.

Brand new batteries in all three buttons - one that came with a replacement button and two that came off carded battery stock that was in date, NIP and tested above nominal voltage.
-- Bobby G.

Who doesn't? (-: A long time ago, while moderating a huge 16 line BBS system in the days before the net, I developed the habit of reading threads from the latest to the oldest just to avoid the problem.
-- Bobby G.
On Thursday, January 26, 2012 2:02:40 PM UTC-7, Robert Green wrote:

I had one of these units. Made in China POS construction. Will work for maximum of two years and then the electronics are kaput in my estimation. Chuck it and replace or put in a wired unit.