Windbeater Chimney Cap

Anyone have any experience with a Homesaver WindBeater Chimney Cap?
http://www.hartshearth.com/ProductCart/pc/viewPrd.asp?idcategory=0&idproduct499
Is this just a gimmick or does it really work in regard to keeping wind gusts from blowing cold air down the chimney?
I have seen the Windbeater do a good job in eliminating the backup of smoke into the living area due to trees deflecting certain directional winds down at a chimney and pushing the smoke back into the house even though that same chimney drafted nicely under different wind conditions.
But if you are looking for it to stop cold drafts from blowing down the chimney when the fire is not lit, you will be dissapointed. That is not what it is designed to hold back. Only a lock top or chimney balloon will help that.
Gotcha. OK, looks like this isn't the product for me. Thanks!