Why is AC running in the morning when it's cooler outdoors?

Page 2 of 2

For *you* in *your* area, there is no 8 hour cooling period. In my situation in the mountains, the sun sets at around 7pm (no sunlight strikes the house) and the sun rises at about 8am (the time at which sun first strikes the house). That's about 13 hours of cooling time at this time of the year (mid-July).
Where *you* live, the temperature is in the high 80's by 8am. Where *I* live, the temperature doesn't get into the low 80's until about noon and rarely goes above 86 during the day. You gotta love the mountains.
As a reminder of what I've stated in my previous posts, the days that I've been mentioning where the A/C has been kicking in the morning is when the outdoor temperature has been about 58 degrees and the weather the *PREVIOUS* day has not been sunny or hot.
Another reminder: The only heat producing item on the floor with the thermostat is the refrigerator. No lights, computer, TV, electronics, humans or animals. Nothing. We spend most of our time in the finished walk-out basement where it's cooler and more spacious.