Why didn't someone think of this before?

I just bought a new toy today at Menard's; a Surebonder "All in 1" staple gun. It takes any size, any brand, heavy-duty staple. I bought some T50 staples and some #6 galvanized 1/2" staples and it works great with both of them. I haven't tried any round-crowned electrical staples yet, but I have a box of those around here somewhere and they ought to work too.
Now I don't have to worry about whether I need Arrow or Craftsman or Powerbond (etc) staples and what crown width. The staples load from the *bottom* and index against the right side.
It was even on sale ($10.75), and the galvanized staples were on clearance for $1 per 1000. :-)
Easily amused sometimes, Bob
Great! Another product to take away from Arrow Fasteners bottom line. Bill and the other guys that run Arrow Fasteners are just a bunch of pricks and deserve another hit. (just my humble opinion)

cm wrote:

If Arrow wanted my business, they should have had galvanized T50 staples available.
Best regards, Bob
zxcvbob wrote:

Why take half-steps with rust resitant? if you're concerned about rust, Monel T50 staples are readily available.
cm wrote:

Do the still make them in New Jersey providing jobs for Americans? They used to buy a part from the company I worked for and helped provide jobs there also. What did they do to piss you off?
Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

Swingline is owned by ACCO Brands corporation. They were recently spun off from Fortune Brands.
http://www.accobrands.com /
Swingline is a Long Island company. Was their factory in New Jersey?

What does Swingline have to do with Arrow? Different companies.
I don't know about now, but Swingline used to have a factory on Long Island, but my last contact with them was about 1980. Things have certainly changed since then.
Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

I don't know where my mind was. I read Arrow but thought Swingline!! Old age I guess.
Unfortunately I suppose all of them are made in China now. Hard to compete with a factory that has employees that don't have to pay U.S. Income tax or Social Security.
And even those foreign companies that have factories here are almost totally automated. They just assemble foreign made parts. As far as cars go it is cheaper for them to fill a ship with containers of parts and assemble them in the U.S. than it is to ship the assembled cars and worry about getting damaged during shipment.

Would that be considered a PRICK PUNCH ????

There is supposed to be a staple gun that shoots brad nails too. Not sure who makes it.