who makes this kind of skylight?

Ten or fifteen years ago, I remember seeing ads for a special skylight that was connected to a flexible, highly reflective cylindrical tube, to carry light through the attic down to a room below:
\\ ...\\ ....\\ A...\\ T... | T....|T|\\ I....|U| \\ C....|B| \\ ......|E| \\ ----- --- \\
ROOM
____________
I would be grateful for the names of companies who make this type of skylight.
Thanks Timo
Check out "Solatube". Tom
Exactly! Thanks Timo
tom wrote:

Home Depot carries it.

But that one is called Sun Tunnel and they have 2 sizes

FWIW, last time I was in Home Depot I saw a display of several flavors of those types of light pipes in a pretty prominent location.
-- Todd H. http://www.toddh.net /
How much light can it really carry down?

Although the amount of light can be found on the web sites for these skylights, there is a subjective quality to the amount of light. We have two 10" solatubes. One is installed in a windowless bathroom. It made a dramatic change in the light level. No additional lighting is needed on a sunny day. Even a bright clooudy day produces acceptable lighting.
The second Solatube is over an island in an interior kitchen. (All work surfaces are at least 12 feet from any windows.) The adjacent eating/sitting area has eight 6' x 2' windows and a patio door facing south. Although the Solatube did improve the light over the counter, it was not nearly as dramatic as in the bathroom. There is still quite a bit of light streaming into the area from the eating area windows. In this case, if I had to do it over again, I would say the 10" skylight was not worth for this case. The larger 14" might have been the better choice here.
If you do a Google search you will see similar comments. I believe that one of the manufacturers brings this out as well. Gary Dyrkacz snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net Radio Control Aircraft/Paintball Physics/Paintball for 40+ http://home.comcast.net/~dyrgcmn /