Whirlpool oven latch

My Whirlpool oven/range makes an awful buzzing/vibrating alarm when I try to start the self-clean cycle. The noise goes on and off until I turn off the oven, then it takes a little while for the door to unlock. I unplugged the appliance and after plugging it back in it showed F5 on the display. The oven manual doesn't explain the error codes, but from searching online I believe it indicates a problem with the door latch. Whirlpool no longer provides tech support by phone, so I'll have to pay a fortune to a repair person unless there's a part I can replace myself.
Advice, anyone? How can I tell if it is a problem with the latch or seal or just the latch sensor?
Thank you.
Greg

Could that buzzing be a magnetic control (solenoid) that locks the door? The door will stay locked until the temperature drops below a pre-set point.