Whirlpool LA7680XT not agitating

It looks like the top half of the agitator is not moving. I just started an empty load to double check and sure enough the bottom half of the agitator is turning but the top is not, well it is a little but I can hold my finger to it and stop it from moving. So there's a disconnect between the two, does it sound like I need one of these: http://www.repairclinic.com/0081.asp?RccPartID '44
Can anyone tell me how I disconnect the top agitator from the bottom?
thanks Ian

Hi,
Yes.
These should help.... http://www.applianceaid.com/direct.html#agitating http://www.applianceaid.com/generalwash.html#agitator