Whilst falling back this weekend

don't forget to change the batteries on your smoke/CO alarms.

Kurt Ullman

Rats! I hate losing DST.

Reply to
GWB

Reply to
bigjim

Time to move to Arizona (where they don't use daylight savings time because the days are already perfect).

Jo Ann

snipped-for-privacy@backpacker.com wrote:

Reply to
jah213

The bride got me this year. I did not turn down the hot water t-stat in the spring/summer. Waiting for her now to tell me the hot water is too cold .

-- Oren

Oren

I wish they'd do away with the whole stupid thing (DST), and stop playing mind games twice a year.

Reply to
Mark Lloyd

It does seem to have one advantage. It makes you set your clocks twice a year, so you get to correct for drift (plugin clocks with battery backup can drift considerably during power failures).

considering that "more daylight in the evening" nonsense, GET UP EARLIER!

Reply to
Mark Lloyd

I just replaced mine because they were 10 years old.

Reply to
Mark Lloyd

I used to have a friend who told me about that. They do things at the right time, rather than messing with people's minds the way DST does.

Reply to
Mark Lloyd

Back in the 70s energy shortage they stayed at DST for a couple years. Frankly I HATE winter and dark at 5 pm.

I wish we would stay at DST forever

Reply to
hallerb

Only if they go with DST all year; I'd rather have it half the time than not at all.

Reply to
GWB

I guess when it's 110 degrees, ya kinda hope the sun goes down early. Perfect??

Reply to
GWB

I rathewr like it. If you're living in the south, I can=20 understand. For those of thus in the North, the time shift is=20 rather nice. Who wants it light at 3:00AM? Don't like it? Move=20 to AZ where it's not needed.

--=20 Keith

Reply to
krw

Back in the 70s energy shortage they stayed at DST for a couple years. Frankly I HATE winter and dark at 5 pm.

I wish we would stay at DST forever

Reply to
hallerb

One year. ...and kids were standing in the dark waiting for school busses.

Move to AZ, where your attitude makes sense.

Reply to
krw

It does get 4 weeks longer next year.

Edwin Pawlowski

They do now! I drive SB and start pickup at 7AM. I have to turn the dome lights on inside the bus so the kids can find a seat. Looks like next year I'll be unloading at the school in the dark too. Ugh!

Steve

41N
Reply to
Steve IA

So you'd rather have the confusion that comes from messing with your clocks twice a year, for no actual benefit?

There is VERY LITTLE difference between "DST all the time", amid "no DST at all".

Reply to
Mark Lloyd

Again, for no actual benefit, just temporarily increased confusion as people adjust to a change.

Reply to
Mark Lloyd

And are unable to go to bed earlier, and get up when it's light.

Of course, EITHER "DST forever" or "DST never" would be much preferable to the current situation. The amount of daylight is determined by the heath's rotation and axial tilt, not governments and stupid mind games.

Reply to
Mark Lloyd