Which kind of deck treatment.

Hi Folks,

As summer is approching (Hopefully it will fall over a weekend this year in the UK) it is time to treat my deck.

We have just moved into the house (November) and the deck was a mess. Black slimy mold covered it all. After much cleaning with deck cleaner and a pressure washer, it is now clean. However, the wood is now raw.

I am in a quandary as which product to use. There are three on the shelves: Deck Treatment, Deck Stain and Deck Oil.

I am not interested in the stain.

My first reaction is to use oil. No real reason though. is this a wise choice? Only drawback I can see is the cost and the drying time. 1-2 days.

How about the "Treatment" What is it and why is it better / worse. It dries in 1-2 hours.

Any advice would be welcome....

TIA. Regards, Crispin

Reply to
crispin.proctor

Oil might last a year, transparent oil stain a bit more, semitransparent maybe 2 years, but I will bet the deck is in shade and it will mold again in less than a year, laundry bleach kills mold, semi transparent oil stain will protect against mold the best. Old grey wood wont look good with just oil.

Reply to
ransley