Which dishwasher brand to buy?

Page 2 of 2
Abe wrote:

with it.

http://67.151.195.18/bosch_home_appliances/product_341.html?product_id41
and
http://67.151.195.18/bosch_home_appliances/product_358.html?product_id58
I bought and installed a Bosch in my old house. It replaced an ancient kitchenaide. The quietness was amazing! When I build a new house the builder only did whirlpool. We did the top of the line, not sure of the model. something something II IIRC. Anyway, it sure seems louder than what I got used to with the Bosch. let us know what you decide and how you like it!

Yes, but look at the price of a Bosch.
jim

Also look at the cost of being able to be in the same room when its running. I had a Bosch in my last house that was the last thing in an island and it was so quite it was hard to believe it was running at times. I have a Magic Chef in my present house and I would gladly pay the difference in the two to have the Bosch here now so that I don't have to plan to be away from the area for the duration of it running. Price isn't everything when it comes to usability/livability. I have a Bosch Axxis front loading washing machine and my only complaint with it is that it doesn't have a buzzer that goes off when its done running.
Rich

It's true Bosch's are quiet and excellent machines, but you don't have to pay that much to get a quiet machine that does a good job.
I almost can't tell when our $450 Whirlpool is running. The loudest aspect is when it filling or pumping out, and even that's quiet. But, when it's simply washing or rincing I have to walk over beside it, stop moving and listen carefully to hear it. To be certainI have to look at the lamps.
jim

We just went through this and settled on a Quiet Series Maytag. Just couldn't pay that much more for the Bosch, we had a Kitchen Aid which worked good. We didn't like the little screen thing in the bosch to catch the food parts. Having to reach way in there and grab that gunky thing out. Much of the quietness is determined by the install, you need to sealup around the outside and bottom to keep the noise inside the cabinets. The truth about the new dishwashers is they no longer have fans to aid drying, the stainless steel excuse that it's needed for the moisture to condense on that seems to be horse hockey. I remember being leary when they made the switch from the metal insides to the plastic, we took the chance and went with the plastic and it held up good, now they want you to upgrade to Stainless,,,not buying it here.
Tom
The 3 rack Maytags are made like crap.