where to purchase locally aluminum foil vapor barrier?

home depot or lowes does not sell this and don't know locally who does

is the web my only answer?

this material

adam

Lowes has it in their system as I bought some there [off the shelf] a couple years ago.

Ask at the contractor desk. Try a real lumberyard or Ace/True Value hardware.

[Though I have to say I think I paid $50 for the roll I got and 250sq feet seems likely. If those guys don't kill you with shipping, their price isn't bad]

Don't forget the tape.

Jim

Reply to
Jim Elbrecht

Thanks for the link. It seems as if a 250' (x3' = 750 sq ft) roll is about $48 (6.5 cent/sq ft).

I'm sure it would work well as a radiant barrier for the attic and sure beats the cheapest radiant barrier price I've found of $70 for 500 sq ft (14 cents/sq ft).

HeyBub

Couldn't you just use heavyweight - broiler aluminum foil????

Reply to
hrhofmann

It doesn't have a paper backing for glue to stick to. :-)

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

Why would that matter?

Reply to
cjt

It makes it easy to use paper glue to construct the beanie hat. Non- toxic paper glue is what you want to use for your foil hat, we are bombarded with enough things that are toxic. :-)

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas