Where to get staples

I was at an auction the other day and came home with an air powered staple gun. Not one that shoots those little staples like you desk stapler, but shoots 2 inch long staples. I see these used on pallets, and often in construction. Using my small air compressor which is just a basic tire filler, I shot a staple thru a 2x4 and it came out the other side. Lots of power there. The best part, I bought it for 50 cents.

But there were only a few staples in it and now that I used them all up just playing. Where can I buy staples for these things?

The brand of the stapler is Bostitch.

Mark

Reply to
maradcliff

Most any building supply or even the big box stores should have them.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

Cripes man, if you're not smart enough to figure out where to get staples for that deadly weapon, you'd best leave it on the shelf before you hurt someone with it...

Patrick

Reply to
Patrick Cleburne

Patrick Cleburne wrote: ..

I'm glad I was not the only one thinking that. I am even gladder that someone chose to suggest it. The description the OP gave did not make me feel good.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

I had the same problem and I solved it by just buying a new staple gun. You get hundreds of "free" staples when you buy the new gun.

:)

Reply to
Gideon

..............Home Depot and Lowes both carry the Bostitch line of staples

Reply to
abnorm

Maybe Staples?

Joseph Meehan

Reply to
nospambob

Gees, I hope your auto doesn't run out of gas soon :).

Reply to
George E. Cawthon

Does your mother still tie your shoes for you? Don't be so friggin helpless, dumb ass.

Reply to
Dan C

Feeding troll again?

Reply to
Tony Hwang

OMG.....I agree with the guy that said, "hope your car doesn't run out of gas?" This was TOO funny!!! I am a 48 yr old female....and I know that one ...heck, my 10 yr old grand-daughter would have known that!!! Hey, I'll give ya $1 for it....that way you double your money...tee-hee!!!

Reply to
JasmynJade

Thanks Joseph

I'll ignore all the rude comments on this thread. Having never owned one of these things, I thought they were more specific to construction companies. However, I called a local Home Depot and Menards. Both have them. I was afraid I'd have to mail order and I know how shipping costs and minimum orders are on things like this. I also found that Bostitch has a website.

Playing with this thing almost makes me want to get a power nailer, and I'm the guy that has always said give me a hammer and nails and forget the power stuff...

Reply to
maradcliff