where is the right type of winch?

Hi,
I want a winch that I can mount on the ceiling in my poolhouse that will lift the hardshell cover off of it...this is a POOL (Over 20 ft long) not a HOT TUB..I now they sell all sorts of gadgets to lift off hardshell covers for a spa or hot tub. This hardshell cover is in 3 pieces weighing about 25-30 lbs each so I don't need an ATV winch (2000 lbs)...I only need something with lifting capacity of about 100-150 lbs. I plan on putting the winch on an aluminum track so these covers can be lifted seperately and slid away . I've googled this to death..I am a welder by trade and have the machining background to make the track rollers for the winch to slide up and down the track....... but need to find a "light duty" winch 12 volt DC or 110 Volt AC dosn't matter as I am GFI'd up to the whoopie through poolhouse regulations...A Mini winch that would crawl on an I beam would be the ultimate!! I know I'm dreaming but am looking for this type of thing ! ...Thanks for any constructive replies... Jim
on 10/11/2007 11:45 PM Jimi said the following:

Good luck. A pool inside a house or building is more correctly called a Natatorium, rather than a pool house, which is a Cabana type building next to a pool. I never knew that until my daughter was on a swim team in high school and competed in other schools. I just followed the Natatorium signs to find the pools. Would a 12 volt electric winch like this help? http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/Product/tf-Browse/s-10101/Pr-p_Product.CATENTRY_ID:2008252/p-2008252/N-111+10201+600017686/c-10101 or http://tinyurl.com/yt3jq3
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

Multiple offerings from Northern Tools and Harbor Freight but posibly more robust than you want. Have you considered hand operated rope slings, for example? HF has at least a couple of these.. HTH
Joe
where is the right type of winch?:

Indeed. All of the 12VDC and 120VAC motor driven winches I've ever seen where much more heavy-duty than the OP is looking for. For something as light as that I would just use a light-duty block and tackle such as
http://cgi.ebay.com/2-TON-HD-4-WHEEL-ROPE-PULLEY-HOIST-BLOCK-TACKLE-TOOL_W0QQitemZ280137001326QQcmdZViewItem