where can I find decorative registers/grilles?

Hi again,
I thought that this would be the easy part of putting my kitchen back together... looking for a wall mount register/damper in some kind of bright metal finish, e.g. chrome/stainless/nickel. Would prefer stainless if at all possible. duct size is 6"x8". Figured a quick google would provide me with what I needed. Was wrong. Would prefer to buy a style that I can buy later matching but in brass for the rest of the house, as most of them need to be replaced anyway.
Anyone know where I can find them? I've found a few places that sell what I'm looking for, usually chrome plated, but none in the sizes I need.
thanks
nate
--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel

Check out Rejuvenation: http://www.rejuvenation.com/typepageregisters/templates/houseparts_group.html?iqgCa58a744b75bb540cb03b6ad28c9b75 (you can get these in polished nickel or chrome finishes)
Also House of Antique Hardware: http://houseofantiquehardware.com/s.nl/sc.13/category.63/.f
--
Save the Planet
Kill Yourself
David Nebenzahl wrote:

http://www.rejuvenation.com/typepageregisters/templates/houseparts_group.html?iqgCa58a744b75bb540cb03b6ad28c9b75

nope, nothing there...
seems that this is the source for all things upscale and register-y (well, perhaps not all, but at least a good portion of the ones I've found while googling seem to be sourced from these guys)
http://hamiltonsinkler.com/node/569
I've dropped them a line to see where I can actually buy their products, as their web site *does* list a complete assortment of duct sizes, including the apparently hard to find 6x8. (odd that I was able to find a white one at That Orange-Colored Store, but upon reflection I decided not to install it as it would just be wrong to hang it over the nice new stainless steel fridge... well, that, and I finished painting at about 12:30 the night before the fridge was delivered. That might have something to do with it.)
nate
--

This page has a whole bunch of links to sites with registers of various types: http://www.period-homes.com/phdb540.htm
--
Save the Planet
Kill Yourself

Find what you like at the few places you mention, or at Home Depot (which has such things) and contact the manufacturers of the ones you like to find what other sizes they have that the store doesn't stock. Or their websites. Then find out from them where to buy them.

Nate Nagel wrote:

If all else fails, find the "other" registers you are going to use, and then have any shop with a CNC plasma cutter (or a laser) cut your problem sized one to match from SS sheet.

I gave up when try to find something similar. I caved and went with the generic white finish.
I considered trying to spray that with some metallic paint but didn't actually get a round tuit ;-)
The white looked better than we thought it would and we're happy with it as is.
http://www.atlantasupply.com
I've had good luck with them.

I found that site... same issue. the styles I liked not available in 6x8. I did drop them an email.
nate

They had an aluminum model in 6x8, curved blade. Maybe you can use a grill that is larger than 6x8 if you find a return grille that you like... just to make it work. Return grills often just interface with the wall, not the duct, so oversizing is an option.