Where can I buy stucco materials (mix, colorants, wire mesh, etc)

I have looked for days to find a supplier of stucco materials for an extensive repair on my house in Central Virginia. I've tried Lowes, Home Depot, a local concrete company, and extended my search even into the nearest bigger city (Richmond). I can't seem to find any place that sells any of the basic materials (mix, colorants, wire mesh, etc). I know that I can prepare many of these materials myself, but I've been advised to use the products that are specially designed for stucco...

Does anyone know of a place that carries these items?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

-Chess

Reply to
Chessaurus

Greetings,

I know that Home Depot sells these materials in PA. Perhaps a local Home Depot would be willing to special order it for you?

Hope this helps, William

Reply to
William.Deans

The big box stores are not the be all and end all of building supplies. You need someone who specializes in concrete/masonry supplies.

a quick google search yields

Richmond. Why don't you try calling them. If they don't have it, I bet they know who does.

Reply to
marson

I only checked the Home Depot website -- not the actual store. I assumed that the inventory would match the website. I'll try calling them.

Thanks for your suggestion.

-ZDB

Reply to
Chessaurus

Thank you -- I will give them a shot.

Best, Chess

Reply to
Chessaurus

I only checked the Home Depot website -- not the actual store. I assumed that the inventory would match the website. I'll try calling them.

Thanks for your suggestion.

-Chess

Reply to
Chessaurus

My experience is that neither Lowes nor HD list construction materials on their wed sites.

-- "Tell me what I should do, Annie." "Stay. Here. Forever." - Life On Mars

Reply to
Rick Blaine

Greetings,

I think you should be able to order a single 2x4x16 online ... or a bag of crushed gravel, but Home Depot and Lowes think they shouldn't allow you to order anything with too high a ratio of shipping to cost- of-product. They also close their doors at night while full of shoppers in places they have a "local-monopoly". However, they do quite well so I guess it must be what the consumer demands.

Good Luck!

Reply to
William.Deans