When to use concrete cleaner

I admit I'm lazy. My concrete patio is only a couple of years old. I've decided to apply concrete sealer to protect and extends its life. It doesn't have any grease stains, dirt or mildew. Do I still need to use a concrete cleaner before applying the sealer? Thank you
On Sun, 17 Feb 2008 11:16:10 -0800 (PST), " snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com"

coating, spotlessly clean is barely clean enough. The first application of any coating is the most important and you only have one chance to do it right.
On Sun, 17 Feb 2008 11:16:10 -0800 (PST), " snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com"

It is best to follow the manufacturer's suggestion on cleaning. A power spray washer is the standard for cleaning concrete, although I have never "cleaned mine," just kept it swept. The fall leaves sometimes stain the concrete, but the sun eventually bleaches out the stains.

Use a pressure washer as a minimum. But be sure to follow any additional preparation directions provided by the manufacturer of your sealer.
On Feb 17, 3:45�pm, snipped-for-privacy@malch.com (Malcolm Hoar) wrote:

oil based thompsons water seal works wonders, but does darken the concrete a little.
it prevents water from absorbing into the concrete and espically if your area freezes greatly extends concretes life.
apply a nice heavy coat for best protection