What type of oil to use on Old Maytag Wringer Washer

I just got an old Maytag Wringer washer which I intend to use for stuff like oily rags and horse blankets, etc. (Stuff I dont want to put in my regular washer). This machine is called the Maytag Gyratator and if I'm reading it right, the (worn) model# is E2L.
Anyhow, when I brought it home, I laid it in it's side in my truck, with the wringer removed. I left it in the truck over night, and found the next day that some oil drained out where the shaft comes up to the wringer.
The machine works, but I think I should replace the oil that was lost. It appears all I have to do is pour it in there the wringer shaft sits (with wringer removed). But I'm not sure what kind of oil to use. It seems thicker than regular 10W30 / 10w40 motor oil. Since it goes in the transmission, I'd suspect it to be a gear lube, but I'm not sure.... Anyone have any idea?
Thanks
On 05/14/2015 05:48 PM, snipped-for-privacy@spamblocked.com wrote:

More than likely 90 weight gear oil.
Pretty sure that's what I used with the transmission on my TR-3
Jerry,
Have you tried Maytag? If they don't know I'd buy some 85 or 90w gear oil.
Dave M.