What to look for in Used Dishwasher?

Hello, I am scouring Craigslist in MPLS/St. Paul for a good midrange used dishwasher less than 5 years old.
When I go to look at them, are there any red flags that tell me THIS IS A DISHWASHER TO AVOID?
Any help appreciated.
bryanska wrote:

I would question why a less than five year old d/w is for sale in the first place. Good luck finding one.
--
WARNING:

Do NOT under any circumstances take advice from an idiot named AMUN.

I see two of them on MPLS C-list right now. Both are results of rich people remodeling willy-nilly, and they are the ones I am checking out.
I get lots of my stuff from rich people. $3200 Precor elliptical for $500. Just closed on a 3-yr old Kenmore Elite washer, originally $520, paid $125.
So nobody can tell me any red flags?
bryanska wrote:

One: The door is missing.
--
WARNING:

Do NOT under any circumstances take advice from an idiot named AMUN.

Ah, yes, another helpful home tip. From the git with the rapier wit.
AMUN

There are only two reasons why people replace a dishwasher: 1. It's sick/not working right/DOA 2. Better half has ordered a kitchen redo
That being the case, unless you see *major* kitchen refurbishing going on, walk away from the dishwasher ;-)
S1

Unless you are buying it from a friend you can trust. Or where you know its not been abused. e.g. a builder who installed a new one, but the buyers wanted an upgrade, so it's not "new" but never used with a full warranty.
Or simply don't care e.g. it's for a rental unit where the tenants likely will destroy it anyway
I would stick to new ones, for the bit you might save. There is not much to break but they can still be expensive to repair
AMUN
"Who refuses to pay Henlee for the free advertising"
Laundered money?
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit

Bad gasket. Other parts are not easily found out until it is hooked up and running. If it is more than 5 years old, it could be crap if it is a cheaper brand.
wrote (with possible editing):

Well, perhaps I can help. I have a used dishwasher which I'd love to get rid of. It's a top-of-the-line Kitchen Aid and was bought about 5 years ago to replace a 20 year old Kitchen Aid that worked fine. Really dumb mistake. Kitchen Aid was bought by someone - Whirlpool? - and the service REALLY STINKS. It started overheating; i.e., the water was way too hot. Probably just a thermostat. I called the outfit I bought it from (a total of FOUR times) and they never showed up. Then I called Kitchen Aid - they refused to help and suggested I called a different service place. I called them, they did show up, looked at it, said they'd get back to me and never did. Eventually, I gave up and bought a Bosch which is quiet, and has run perfectly for over a year. I still have the old KA, paid around $1100 for it, now can't sell it for $100 and will probably take it to the dump.
So, the long and the short of it is don't buy Kitchen Aid. It certainly used to be the best, but I don't think it is anymore.
--
Larry
snipped-for-privacy@lmr.com

Thats a shame. Our last TWO KA d/w are still running flawlessly.