What To Look For In A Refrigerator?

Page 4 of 4

Why? They've held up for 20 years so far. Mine are about that old also and never had a problem.
Ed Pawlowski wrote:

I break anvils. When I work on engines, I'm not allowed to hold the ratchet by the end, only by the part where the socket slips on. IOW, I am a world-class klutz with lousy depth perception. I seldom put metal pots or actual glass/china dishes in the fridge, but when I do, that hard sound when pot means shelf always makes me cringe.
-- aem sends...

I' ve owned 2 GE's, a bottom freezer Sub-Zero and a bottom freezer Amana (tagged KA) over the last 34 years and haven't managed to break any parts: shelves, bins, racks, plastic trim ..nothing at all.
I guess I can attribute that to never having any 100# chimps dangling themselves from the door or climbing into the bins