What to do with the rain gauge water?

I just bought one of those rain gauges that you stick in the lawn. I carefully followed the instructions that came with it and it seems to work because it rained over the weekend and it shows that we got almost an inch.
However, I got a problem. The instructions did not say what to do with the water inside. I know it needs to be removed, but what should I do with it? I dont want to just dump it on the lawn because that would screw up the lawn in that spot because the lawn would end up being confused and unbalanced, and possibly even damage the ecosystem in my region of the country. Besides, this is apparently special water since it got inside that little tube, so it needs to be put in a special place. But where? I dont understand why they dont mention this in the instructions.
Blondie

How does that old saying go about being too dumb to know how pour piss out of a boot?
Bad Boy wrote:

Or out of a bottle with the instructions written on the bottom....
Jeff
--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat \'57 EE)
snipped-for-privacy@notmail.com wrote:

You drink it of course, then hold your water and piss on the lawn.
Harry K
You're supposed to drink it.
--

< snipped-for-privacy@notmail.com> wrote in message
news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...
lawn under gauge didnt get its share of rain, so dump water under gauge so it gets equal treatment

What a logical answer...I would never have thought of that.
On Mon, 26 Jun 2006 07:13:43 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@notmail.com wrote:

This type of rain gauge has a peculiar 13-dimensional structure that causes water within it to be converted to a rare alternate known as GD-water. Pouring this on the lawn will trigger a chemical cascade that can destroy all plant life within 77 meters. Also, anyone who contacts an infected plant will suffer severe butt itch for 7 years, which will recur whenever said person drinks beer or coffee.
To prevent this, drink the water (and no other eating/drinking at the time). When the stomach irritation dies down (about 5-10 minutes), drink as much normal water as possible for the next 20-30 minutes to dilute it. WARNING: pissing during this time can still spread contamination. This is likely to attract alligators, that tend to snap at the source of the irritating substance.
Is it possible there is someone on this planet who is this fucking dumb? Of course not, so this asshole has to be pulling our leg.

PLEASE DON'T FEED TROLLS. IGNORE THEM!