What to do with old water softener??

Disconnected the old Rain Soft carbon filter tank and resin tank. I can use the salt container as a water container.
The carbon filter is done. I'm sure it can be replaced
The resin tank is reusable too.
Typical avg fiber glass tanks. And the heads for both tanks. Power supply. The brass plumbing leaked which is why I decommissioned it.
Is there any interest in this stuff? Is it junk day time?
Advertise it on your local freecycle website.

If it still works, put it on Craigs list.
In my neighborhood, on trash day it is gone in about half an hour. Scavengers get it long before the truck. They got my refrigerator in less than an hour, and it was in pieces.
On 7/12/2016 7:03 PM, dream weaver wrote:

JUNK!! Going going gone!
I turned them upside down and carbon media came out of one and a pale pale brown media came out of the other. neither would drain completely w/o making a huge mess. There is a youtube of a guy pounding one with a sledge hammer. seems pointless.