What to do with CFLs?

Mail 'em to your Congresscritter.
http://christopherfountain.com/2011/07/15/fire-away /
But after Senator Daschel's brush with Anthrax, I think it's probably against some federal law to be mailing hazardous stuff to a federal official.
On 07/16/11 11:54 am, HeyBub wrote:

The procedure for dealing with broken CFLs is simple:
http://www.epa.gov/cfl/cflcleanup.html
and probably the same for the fluorescent tubes we've been using for decades.
Perce

I just immerse my old cfl's in the used motor oil I throw in the trash. That was the mercury can't escape. Occasionally, I'll seal them in old paint, also trashed.