What Size Angel Grinder to Buy

I want to buy a Angel Grinder, but I see they come in different sizes. What is the most handy or most common size? I want to be able to get the wheels in hardware stores, not have to mail order them.

IMHO, 7" is the "most popular". 4 1/2" is the "most handy". For lighter metal, like up to 1/4" stock, the smaller grinder gets into tighter spaces. If you're working with eye beams, you'll want a larger unit
RBM wrote:

I thought you had to be a licensed ophthalmologist to work on eye beams.
Now I-beams (so called because they look like the capital letter I) might be different. ;-)
Reed posted for all of us...

That's because he's not using an ANGLE grinder but rather an ANGEL grinder - which is heavenly...

snipped-for-privacy@none.com wrote:

Depends on what size angel you need to grind on. If it is an archangel, then you may want to go with a 6" sidegrinder and a lot of discs, because they are immortal. If you only have a common angel or a cherub, then the 4" or 4-1/2" would be adequate.
If you have a fallen angel, such as satan, then you are on your own. I have not found anything that will make a dent in those except diamond impregnated discs on a stationary machine, but then the problem is getting the fallen angel to the machine.
:-)
--
Robert Allison
Rimshot, Inc.
On Sun, 30 Mar 2008 01:21:12 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@none.com wrote:

When you grind the angels, you should wear eye protection because of the wing and halo fragments can be really sharp :-)

Buster, when you start grinding on Angels, your dues had better be paid, or you're in deep doo doo.
Steve