What's the best table saw cleaner?

Hi,
As a follow up to my previous post concerning best rust preserving treatment...
What's the best cleaner for a table saw surface. This table saw that I inherited had all sorts of rust and gunk that I have carefully scraped off. But it's still very far from the shiny surfaces I see on well maintained saws. What's the best way of cleaning it further? Goof off? 320 grit sanding?
Thanks again,
Aaron

Most gunk can't resist StripEase methylene chloride based paint stripper. Once that's gone a phosphate type rust converter (bartender's friend or similar) will take care of stubborn rust. The chaps on rec.woodworking like Johnson's wax for final finish on saw tables. I suspect the genuine patina is derived from several thousand board feet of lumber being sent past the blade. IMO, sanding the surface of a machine is only OK if you don't intend to use it. If shiny is important, use a quality autobody buffing compound and a big buffer. Your local tool rental may have such.
Joe
Aaron Fude wrote:

Scotchbrite pad always worked well for me. The reddish-brown kind, not the green ones they sell for the kitchen. You'll never get it showroom shiny, but that isn't important. If it feels smooth to your fingertips, and is clean and sealed so the wood doesn't get dirty or bind, that is what matters. A cabinet shop can keep the table shiny. On a jobsite saw, a patina and the occasional pit is expected.
Of course, the most important thing is that the table is flat, and the plane of the table and the slots in the table are square with the axis of the blade. If you can't true things up, the saw is pretty much useless.
-- aem sends...

I use various cleaners, but prefer kerosene and 320-grit sandpaper to remove light rust and to prevent rust. I do that maybe once/twice a year. Between cleanings I use Johnson's Paste Wax. The iron surface remains slick and shiny.

WD-40 and steel wool works for me.

Ditto on the WD and 0000 steel wool.