What kind of bracket is this?

I want something like this:
http://www.boundvortex.com/images/bracket.png
What should I Google on? (Bracket pulls up trillions of dissimilar items.)
Thank you.
On Mon, 02 Jul 2007 21:26:24 -0700, Greg Esres

Angle bracket gets the angle part, but I'm not sure how to get the long part.
I've looked at the first 4 pages of images at images.google.com and didn't find long.
Angle iron is heavier and doesn't usually have holes.
http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.aaawelding.com/images/machmsstangle.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.aaawelding.com/machining.html&h20&wE0&sz=6&hl=en&startU&sig2=sgahxyjvMDYoc54JJkzX2Q&tbnid=zYvpP9hGs-tMGM:&tbnh &tbnw7&ei=reOJRtvWFpaCeuOY7ekB&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dangle%2Bbracket%26start%3D42%26gbv%3D2%26svnum%3D100%26hl%3Den%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26channel%3Ds%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-US:official%26sa%3DN This one is close, but unfortunately it's a make-to-order shop.
mm wrote:
<<Angle iron is heavier and doesn't usually have holes. >>
I'm thinking I might just be able to make these from hole-less angle iron. The round holes are easy to make, but how to make the slotted holes?
Thanks
Greg Esres wrote:

Heavier than what? And, one can get angle of quite light section...

Two (or more) holes connected w/ saw/file is the "traditional" way. If you have a press, it's simpler. A small grinder can work or, depending on the length of slot desired a small diameter cutoff wheel. Where's there's a will, there's a way... :)
On Tue, 03 Jul 2007 10:39:33 -0700, Greg Esres

You just need a drill bit that is wider on one diameter than the other.

mm wrote:

That would be a mill...

---
there should be a "sig" here

what is it going to be used for.. looks like a angle piece of a swamp cooler.. but it could be for lots of different uses.. so to find it would be easier if I knew what it is for
classicrock86 wrote:
<<what is it going to be used for.>>
To attach a piece of wood to masonry. The stretched holes are to allow some adjustment of the bracket with respect to the wooden frame to get closer to the masonry.
Greg Esres wrote:

"perforated strip galvanized" and got hits that are close....two brand names I found are "FlexAngle" and "Flex Angle".
http://www.hynesind.com/flex.htm
home depot or lowes has similar pieces.
longshot wrote:
<<home depot or lowes has similar pieces. >>
I found some pieces that might work at Lowes. No real slotted holes, but a few pieces have two holes right next to each other; it'd probably be easy enough the remove the material between them.
Thanks
On Tue, 03 Jul 2007 21:55:47 -0700, Greg Esres

Why do your holes have to be slotted, btw.
They do that mostly so that it will fit holes that are already there. Do you have holes that are already there?

Norminn wrote:
<<two brand names I found are "FlexAngle" and "Flex Angle".>>
I shot them an email with the image.
Thank you.

Looks a lot like Dexion slotted angle iron. They've got a web page at <http://www.dexion.com/products/kits/dexion_slotted.asp
HTH, Mark

I want a cutter like the one shown at that site!
IT looks like something that might be used to install garage door openers.