what is this tool?

Found this in a thrift store and no one around here can identify what it is.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/b9tn3jnvncej6mj/IMG_0763.JPG?dl=0 https://www.dropbox.com/s/uke09735h0669jw/IMG_0767.JPG?dl=0
On Wednesday, April 1, 2015 at 7:50:13 AM UTC-5, badgolferman wrote:

April Fool?
On 4/1/2015 8:50 AM, badgolferman wrote:

No clue. Wish Rob H was around, with his what is it web site. He'd know.
badgolferman wrote:

Found it! Now if I could figure out how to use it...
(Amazon.com product link shortened)
On Wednesday, April 1, 2015 at 7:03:28 PM UTC-4, badgolferman wrote:

Good job. I was stumped.
Ah, you do know that's not a vein, right????????????
just saying

I was stumped too, but I did think it had something to do with cooking / food preparation. At least I was in the right category.
On 04/02/2015 05:55 AM, snipped-for-privacy@spamblocked.com wrote:

I was stumped too.
Probably something I'd have no need for.
When I was in the Army I was told to take all the food I wanted...but to leave nothing on the plate. Forty-six years later, I find that habit hard to break.
On my first leave home, after dinner I had a 100% clean plate...but when I looked at my parent's and sister's plates, I noticed the uneaten shrimp tails.
On Thursday, April 2, 2015 at 8:17:09 AM UTC-5, philo wrote:

Funny...true or a late April Fool?
On 04/02/2015 08:28 AM, bob_villa wrote:

100% true and if you don't believe me, ask my wife about my manners.
I'm at the most, five pounds over-weight, but from the way I eat by all rights I should be 200 pounds over-weight.
On our first date, when she got up to use the bathroom, I finished her meal.
For some reason she went out with me again.
I have three modes: working hard, eating or napping.
On Thursday, April 2, 2015 at 9:17:09 AM UTC-4, philo wrote:

I have some REALLY bad news for you about olives.
On 04/02/2015 08:43 AM, TimR wrote:

I don't eat olive pits, and if the Army served them, they would not have expected us to eat the pits. Being in the Army /was/ the pits.