What is this button on this key for? (OT)

I know that it OT but I suspect that someone here drives a Dodge Ram and thus maybe they can help.
I recently purchased a 2007 Dodge Ram 1500 HEMI that had been repossessed. The seller only had one key for it but made arrangements with the local Dodge dealer to get another one made for me. This morning I went over to the dealer and they cut and programmed the new key.
Once I got home I noticed that it had an extra button on it. At least it was "extra" from other keys that I have for vehicles including Dodges. I took a picture of the new key and uploaded it to one of my domains so point your browser to http://www.dongares.com/newkey.htm and take a look.
Any help would be appreciated.
Don
On 6/20/2012 5:08 PM, IGot2P wrote: ...

Auto/remote start if vehicle so equipped...if the original didn't include it, must not have. :)

I believe that x2 is the trunk release button, which I believe requires a double click to activate.
Seems like they gave you a key fob for a car/SUV even though you have a truck.
Unless of course you have a lock on your tailgate, like for a tonneau cover.
On 6/20/2012 5:30 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

I do have a lock on the tailgate but it is manual (I know because I put it on). What is interesting is if you click it twice it will lock the doors but I am sure that is not what it was intended for.
Don
On 6/20/2012 5:10 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

The reason that didn't call the dealer is because I heard that he top posts and thus I assumed that he was not too bright.
Don
IGot2P wrote:

The button is for remote-start.
Watch this demonstration:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MqHBTeOsJAM

Seems you have to press the door-lock button twice, then press the remote-start button twice (holding it down on the second press until the engine starts).
I think this might have been an option starting on 2006 and up Dodge Ram's.
If you have a HEMI, it might have the remote-start as standard equipment.

Remote start sure makes the temperature extremes easier to deal with. I've had it for the past five years and consider it a "must have" on any car I buy.

It is also handy after you testify against the mob.
Holler "fire in the hole", duck behind a concrete wall and push the button
On 6/20/2012 7:52 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

I never knew it but one remote starter we have can start the vehicle when it reaches a preset temperature. So say there is really cold weather and the vehicle is outside you can tell it to start during the night. One remote got lost and I had to make the system learn the replacement and I found that while looking through the manual.

I had it on one of my wife's cars. When something goes wrong with the car, these things make it go *really* wrong. Never again. Moving South was a much better idea and a whole lot cheaper. ;-)
Ed Pawlowski wrote:

I have a '01 Dodge Ram and '00 Chrysler 300m. Neither have remote start.
But I don't drive the Ram in the winter, and I garage them both at night (every night) so even on the coldest winter morning the car is never colder than 50f.
On 6/20/2012 6:22 PM, Home Guy wrote:

BINGO, we have a winner! You are correct, it is a remote-start. All you have to do is press the "remote-start" button twice (no lock button needed) and the vehicle starts. Because it was a repro they must have had to make the key that came with it and they didn't know that it had the remote-start option thus that button was not on the key that I originally got with it. Now I need to purchase another key with the remote-start button to match the other one. :-(
Thanks a bunch,
Don

Two undo's?
mb
--
vi --the heart of evil!
Support labeling GMOs
On Wed, 20 Jun 2012 17:08:38 -0500, IGot2P wrote:

It's for when you're driving on ice and want to do a 720...