What happens if you use a non-dimmable LED on a dimmer?

What happens if you use a non-dimmable LED on a dimmer?
Obviously you should not do this, but if someone did it, what would happen? Would the LED simply not light unless the dimmer was on FULL brightness, or would the LED (or maybe the dimmer) be damaged?
Just curious!
And while we're on this topic, I know that photocells often begin to turn on a light at less than full brightness, based on the amount of natural light at dusk. So, I'm assuming those fixtures require a dimmable LED. correct?
On Mon, 21 Dec 2015 15:55:33 -0600, snipped-for-privacy@unlisted.moc wrote:

lamp at full output.
On Mon, 21 Dec 2015 23:11:52 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

That explains why my LED worklight keeps going on and off when the battery is nearly discharged. Besides being dim, it actually will shut off, then come back on in a few seconds or more, and repeats again.
Thanks