Wet garage floor

Page 2 of 2
On Fri, 29 Feb 2008 21:03:47 -0600, "Moo" <moooooo> wrote:

<snip>
I used to live in northern Ohio were garage drains are common and useful for the melting ice chunks that form behind tires. But here in the South there is no such thing and we get occasional small puddles. The logical solution is to park in the driveway when your vehicle has snow or water on it.
Moo wrote:

Another option, add another thin layer of concrete or asphalt to the floor and level it so that water drains toward the door.
Another option is to bore a hole all the way into the earth at the bottom of the pools and put a drain cover on the hole. You don't get enough water to worry about a drain, the hole will soak up the water.
--
Blattus Slafaly ? 3 :) 7/8

Moo wrote:

Put a big pile of kitty litter (the clumping kind) in the area where the water congregates.
Use your snow shovel to heave the clumps into the garbage bin.
This reduces an evaporation problem into a shoveling problem.