weller soldering station parts?

Hi all,

got an old Weller TC202 soldering station with a TC201 pencil. I have no idea how old it is but I liberated it from a trash pile at my previous employer's when they threw out all the stuff they didn't want after they stopped fabricating stuff in house and moved to a new office. Got it out yesterday to mate the adapter plugs to the head unit's harness for a new radio for the Ugly Truck. Still works like a champ but the tip is falling out of the pencil; it appears that there's a tube with an end that is kind of reverse flared that is supposed to hold the tip, but it doesn't anymore. Anyone have any ideas where I can find a new one? seems all I can find from DAGS is new tips but no other repair parts. or should I just try to find a new(er) pencil on fleaBay? I'd hate to give up on this as I like using it so much more than any plain old soldering iron that I've ever had, it heats up splices like a big dog without melting the wires' insulation.

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

Nate Nagel wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@news2.newsguy.com:

from GOOGLE;

what you want is the "barrel nut assembly".

Reply to
Jim Yanik

sweet. I bow to your superior googling skills. I knew there had to be someone that still stocked this stuff.

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

Have you looked here?

Their parts page seems to be under construction, but the contact us page is working.

Fry's has much of the Weller line, including many parts such as:

**.node1?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG and

**.node1?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG BTW, Altavista eats Google for lunch when it comes to search results, and "Weller parts" comes up with numerous valid hits.

Reply to
Pete C.

**.node1?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG>

**.node1?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG>

You can also order Weller parts from

Pete C.

Nate Nagel wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@news2.newsguy.com:

I really don't have any! All I typed in was "Weller TC201 iron",and it was on the first page.

I'm surprised you can still get tips for them. I would have thought the trend was towards simpler tips and a temp control element in the heater element.

Happy soldering!

Reply to
Jim Yanik

The other poster's link worked for me; sadly I don't have a Fry's (actually I have never seen one) and the only good electronics supply place is unfriendly unless you know exactly what you want and have their catalog numbers handy, they don't like to help you with a parts order. However I was able to find the parts I needed on the other web site and they hopefully will ship to me tomorrow. The interweb is a wonderful place!

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

DigiKey is a good place to keep in your link archive. They carry an ever growing line of products, and they are very good for customer service.

Reply to
Pete C.

**.node1?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG

**.node1?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG

Follow up - it needed a new barrel nut. I went ahead and bought an assortment of new tips anyway, just because... package arrived today and I installed the new barrel nut and all is good now. Should be happily soldering for another 20 years or so :) thanks for the help guys

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel