well pump replaced

We woke up yesterday with no water. Checked the breaker to the pump for the well. It was tripped. Tried resetting, but it would keep tripping.

Called a couple of places, found a place that does mostly pump replacements that could come out yesterday. They replaced the pump and the switch by the pressure tank. We ran the water through an outside spicket for a while.

They left, we left the water run for another hour or 2. We then turned on the spicket in the kitchen and dirty water trickeled out, same in our half bath. I tried the water in the main bath and at first some dirty water spirted out, but then has been running normally.

I'm suspecting dirt or something clogged the pipes leading to the half bath and kitchen.

What would be the best way to test/clean them? I was thinking blowing high pressure air back through the lines. Does this sound logical/correct? There is a water softener involved. Is there anyting that should be disconnected?

Reply to
John P Reber

First: Call the guy that did the work; he didn't finish his job. If he's reputable he'll be there quickly and you'll have water back in no time, full force. He "forgot" something important.

Pop

Reply to
Pop

First, unscrew the faucet filters from the troubled spigots and turn on the faucet. They may have become clogged by working on the well. When the pump was replaced, they probably stirred up something down at the source and it is now clogging the filters. It should clear up after whatever they disturbed settles down again.

Reply to
willshak

the last guy was more likely correct. but if that does'nt open up your line i havew had to blow out a line to one of my toilets. was filled w/ rocks! open up the closest faucet or outlet to the one you wanna blow out.

Reply to
Playintennis5274

The problem ended up as dirt in all the screens and lines.

I first tested by closing the water line to the kitchen sink. Pulled the insides out of th faucet. Turned on water to see if blocked prior to faucet. Black gunk shot out of the pipes and the water started running clear, full force. Turned off water, replaced faucet insides, turned on water, bit pressure was low. Turned off water, removed faucet insides, and blew high pressue air throuh the tap. Some black gunk sprayed out. Now have more pressue then ever before.

Went around to all faucets, screens on washer inputs and all is well.

Reply to
John P Reber