well problem

Over the past year the flow of water tapers off to almost nothing after about 15 minutes. This problem only happens while water the lawn or filling the spa tub. I went down in the crawl while running the garden hose.The pump in the crawl runs to about 50 psi kicks off and starts back up at 28psi. It will do this about 4times then pressure goes down to almost nothing.I unplug pump and pressure increases to about 20psi. I plug pump back in and operation returns to normal as long as I dont run hose or fill spa tub. I have had the pump disassmbled and checked. Pump ok. Sevaral people are telling me that the the well head could be partially pluged by calcium deposits. One guy suggested firing a 22 down the well pipe to shock the head. I dont think so. Is there any other solution to this problem other than diggindgup the well. We have alow table here Im told my well is about 20 down.

This is Turtle.
Sounds like your purfe / screen at the bottom is getting clogged up or your flow tubing is is cracked or clogging up. Other may have some eazy fixes but i think I would call a well man to look at it.
TURTLE
if it was my shallow well with a sand point I'd back flush and hope to unclog it - but I would expect I;d be extremely lucky if it worked ... most likely I'd in the end simply sink another or more well points.
Sounds like If I was in your shoes I'd call a shallow well installer and he'll know soil/water and local scenario's from experience & tell you right off the bat how to fix it both the correct way and the temporarily elcheapo way maybe with his air powered giant tank squirt gun filled with dairy queen left over lemon aid.

If you have a submersible pump, you might have a steel nipple connecting the pump to the flexible tubing. On my well, in 1999, that had developed a hole in it, causing the pump to run exessively and water pressure to run down with lots of water usage. Nipples last about 20 years in acidic water.
-- Take care,
Mark & Mary Ann Weiss
VIDEO PRODUCTION FILM SCANNING DVD MASTERING AUDIO RESTORATION Hear my Kurzweil Creations at: http://www.dv-clips.com/theater.htm Business sites at: www.dv-clips.com www.mwcomms.com www.adventuresinanimemusic.com -

Your well is pumping dry. Not good. Pray for rain.
Pj
Rich-
I'm no plumbing expert, but if you have an expansion tank you may want to find out if the bladder in there is still intact. We had a similar problem a while back and the rubber diaphram had given way. Replaced the expansion tank and all was ducky. There should be an inflation nipple on it which would allow you to "top off" the precharge of air in there. If you try to let some air out and water comes out instead, I'd say you may have found your problem.
Like I said, I'm no plumber, well digger, or the like..
~Rob