Weird nose from washer

Page 1 of 2
My washer has started making a weird noise only during the spin cycle. It isn't a grinding sound, but loud, vibrating sound. And only during spin not the rest of the time. Any ideas?
On Tue, 23 Feb 2016 08:24:23 -0500, "Kurt V. Ullman"

sound I would describe more as grinding.)
On 2/23/16 8:29 AM, Pat wrote:

entire time and not just on the spin cycle?
On Tue, 23 Feb 2016 08:46:06 -0500, "Kurt V. Ullman"

it was moving fast. Everything still worked, but the noise during spin became unbearable.
On 2/23/16 8:24 AM, Kurt V. Ullman wrote:

Run a spin cycle with no clothes in the machine. If the nose is gone, you had an unbalanced load.
--
The left has convinced half the country that there's a free lunch, and
that the Republicans are stopping them from eating it
On 2/23/16 8:52 AM, Wade Garrett wrote:

On 2/23/16 9:20 AM, Kurt V. Ullman wrote:

Yup...
--
With all this “gun control” talk, I haven’t heard one politician say how
they plan to take guns away from criminals and terrorists— just from law
On 2/23/2016 9:41 AM, Wade Garrett wrote:

Problem is, if you attempt to take guns away from criminals, they shoot back.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On 2/23/2016 8:24 AM, Kurt V. Ullman wrote:

I'm thinking about french toast and sausage.
Oh, ideas about your washing machine?
Confirm the unit is level. Use a spirit level. Check both front - back and side to side.
--
.
Christopher A. Young

1. Front load or top load ? 2. Age of machine & heavy use or light use ?
I'm told that HE detergent is important in the front loaders.
John T.
--- ---
On 2/23/16 9:07 AM, snipped-for-privacy@ccanoemail.com wrote:

Front Load Maytag.

9 years or so. Basically me and my wife so I would say medium use.

Others have posted some useful links - one of which mentioned that a bra underwire was the cause .. I would carefully inspect the tub fins ; probe around the boot ; spin & wiggle the tub by hand; etc to see if you can hear a foreign object. If it has a lower front cover - a visual inspection - inside - for chassis issues is quite easy , ie: start simple & work your way to difficult. Let us know how you make out. I have changed a front loader basket - on my Frigidaire - but it was a difficult job for a rank amateur - I only did it because it was free < 10 year warranty > If I had to pay for the tub - and especially labour - I would have bought a new washer I replaced the basket at ~ 6 or 7 years family use - and it's now getting noisy again after about 6 years .. The 2 or 3 repair guys that I spoke to all insisted that HE detergent was a must. John T.
--- ---
On Tuesday, February 23, 2016 at 6:58:20 PM UTC-5, snipped-for-privacy@ccanoemail.com wrote:

HE detergent is just less concentrated. HE washers use much less water so using the same amount of the regular detergent will over foam and not rinse out. You can use HE or you can just use a small amount of regular, which is what I do.
Or, you can use none at all. Google it, you will find that for many loads the mechanical action of the agitator is plenty to get them clean. Lots of people with chemical sensitivies or allergies have to do this.
On 03/03/2016 11:49 AM, TimR wrote:

I thought it was that HE detergent doesn't have added foaming agents: foam/suds isn't/aren't needed for cleaning, but they're added because people think they indicate cleaning power.
Perce

Yes, the suds cause problems with rinsing. OK to use HE in a regular washer, not the other way around. Many brands are now HE compatible since they are becoming the bigger segment of washers.
When we bought a new HE machine I went to find HE detergent. They I loooked and found ALL liquid has been HE for a couple of years.
On Tuesday, February 23, 2016 at 9:06:27 AM UTC-5, snipped-for-privacy@ccanoemail.com wrote:

Not true IFF (if and only if) you don't use excessive amounts.
VERY true if you use too much. Like my wife does.
Any detergent is fine if you reduce the quantity. Your clothes still get clean, pretty much everybody over soaps.
On 02/23/2016 7:24 AM, Kurt V. Ullman wrote:

Never had a front-loader so not sure on their construction but I'd suspect the dampener system used for controlling vibration during spin.
On old verticals, it was as simple as a concrete block on some elastic stretchers...

Kurt V. Ullman wrote:

Overloaded? Off balance?
On 02/23/2016 07:24 AM, Kurt V. Ullman wrote:

"Noise" not nose LOL
A spacer possibly fell out, look underneath the machine
In typed:

I just happened to be in the middle of researching a washer problem of my own when I saw your post. But, my washer is a top loader not front loading.
However, I just did a Google search for ---> front loading washing machine noisy spin cycle <-- and saw a lot of results, including these two links in case it helps:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7npoRECVHc

http://www.repairclinic.com/RepairHelp/How-To-Fix-A-Washing-Machine/39---/Washer-is-making-loud-noise