Weedeater problem: priming bulb

I went to use my weedeater for the first time this season, and the priming bulb has lost its spring. It doesn't pop back out, so I can't prime the engine.

I took the bulb unit to the local small engine repair shop, and they can't find a replacement for it.

Is there anything I can do to give the rubber back its spring?

What else can I do? I hate to buy a new weedeater because of this tiny problem. I replaced the fuel lines and filter last season, and it ran like brand new.

Reply to
Mitch

wind up a small wire spring to place inside

Reply to
beecrofter

On Sat, 05 May 2007 19:19:17 GMT, Mitch graced this newsgroup with:

I had a similiar problem. If you kept the original owners manual, there's a section in the back that lists all the part numbers.

Weedeater and Poulan are one and the same. You may also be able to cross reference a Poulan primer bulb with a Weedeater.

You can also go to:

and order directly (or call their 800 number): 1-877-500-7499 M-F

8AM-9PM

Just have your model number ready so they can send you the correct part.

hope that helps.

Reply to
Max

Spray some starter fluid in the air filter. If you don't have any starter fluid, carburetor cleaner works as well with the added benefit of cleaning the throttle body.

Reply to
willshak

I just happened upon this listing a few days ago, for the exact same reason:

Odds are, that's not going to work. Search on "Poulan primer bulb" on ebay, and you'll find quite a few listings, all pretty much the same thing. OEM. Some listings have really steep shipping, and some have $2.47 shipping, so shop a bit.

Here's a t> I went to use my weedeater for the first time this season, and the

Reply to
Robert Barr

I looked for a priming bulb for my leaf blower. I couldn't find one and decided to do a carb overhaul. The bulb was in the carburetor kit.

Reply to
goodfella

find another shop that actually has the part. They're very common.

Reply to
Steve Barker

This is good advice...if you want to blow-it-up! (and don't tell me you've done it dozens-of-times)

Use WD-40 directly into the open throat of the carb. It adds lubricant and the propane (used as propellant) gives the pop.

Ask any small engine mechanic.

Reply to
pheeh.zero

granted, starter fluid is overkill, but it WON'T blow it up. Starter fluid is so weak now days, you can barely inflate a tire with it any more.

Reply to
Steve Barker

Reply to
jacko