Weedeater Featherlite XT25 stalls

I have a 3+ year old Weedeater Featherlite XT25 that will stall once it is picked up and put into the "operating" position. That is, it will sit on the ground and idle, rev, etc. with no problem, but within 30 to 90 seconds of picking it up to use it, it stalls, or, if it does stay running, it will bog and stall out when I pull the trigger. I have tried the following: removed air filter, removed fuel filter, cleaned and rebuilt the apparently disposable carburetor, removed the spark arrestor, checked for carbon in the cylinder, replaced the spark plug, and replaced gas with fresh, proper 40:1 mix.
If anyone can lead me in another direction, I would appreciate it. I told myself $20 was the max for repairs on this mostly disposable item, and I'm up to $16 now.
Thanks
Derek

problem with my Ryobi, got a Tech that clued me in on several operating tips that resolved the problem. He poo-pooed the manual instructions and he was right on. MLD