Weatherstripping for exterior wooden door - what should I use

There seems to be quite a variety to choose from. Currently the door has some of the copper stuff in the door jamb, which is really ugly. I'm leaning towards using stuff mounted on the outside that has aluminum backing. However there does seem to be a variety of things that you van stick in the door jamb, stick on or nail on stuff that goes on the outside that has no backing.

Any advice here? The only thing I could find in the fourm was references to latex paint sticking to certain kinds of weatherstripping.

Reply to
scott_z500

By this if you mean the gray stripping that encased in an aluminum channel I agree with your selection. It has worked well for me on several doors. Install it with the door closed and only use moderate pressure to hold it against the door while securing it into place.

Colbyt

Reply to
Colbyt

Can you find a link to a picture of the type of weatherstripping you are talking about? I have a similar situation and if this works, would love to get it...but I haven't seen anything like you describe so far. Thanks, Dave

Reply to
tom_sawyer70

Lousy picture. Right product. Use the zoom feature to at least see a little detail.

You might be able to find a better picture at the MD site if they have one.

Colbyt

Reply to
Colbyt