Wayne Dalton garage door spring

There was a issue posted a while back about the expense of replacing the special internal Wayne Dalton spring and whether the whole tube has to be replaced. I checked yesterday. The spring has a relatively wrong warranty and even if you are over it the spring for a single size door is $50..... about the same as a torsion spring last time I bought one.

Reply to
Art

I had the spring replace today by Wayne Dalton. Includes the whole tube. They charged $50 for the part and no charge for labor since there was an unrelated repair on the opener 10 months ago. Nice company. The only downside is that the newer tubes only use 1 spring for the single doors so if that spring goes the door won't be movable. The old unit had 2 springs so the door was movable but heavy with only 1 broken spring.

All parts have a long warranty but the spring may only be guaranteed 1 year when you start reading it closely. According to WD they are usually good for 10000 cycles.

Reply to
Art