Water pressure

I have a piston pump and pressure tank water system. It provides about 40-50 psi pressure. I'd like to increase this to 60-70. Would a new and bigger jet pump do the job? Thanks ds

Reply to
Dick Smyth

Thee is very little information but:

You should have a pressure switch somewhere in the system. This switch should be set to one of the following:

20-40 (very rare and too low) 30-50 (I suspect yours is) 40-60

30-50 gives adequate (assuming decent piping) residential pressure but nothing to brag about.

40-60 is plenty for any normal household use

Setting above 40-60 will result in stressing and early failure of fixtures if carried too far.

The pressure switch is easily adjustible.

Harry K

Reply to
Harry K

"Dick Smyth" wrote

Yes you can find a 'jet' type pump that will produce that pressure but.... depending on the internal condition of your pipes, may not get you what you want at the fixtures. That's because if there are blockages like scale and encrustations, higher pressure results in higher pressure losses and actually less water at the fixtures.

Gary Quality Water Associates

Bulletin Board

Gary Slusser