Water pressure

I have a piston pump and pressure tank water system. It provides about 40-50 psi pressure. I'd like to increase this to 60-70. Would a new and bigger jet pump do the job? Thanks ds
--
"17 whiskies... A record, I believe."
Dylan Thomas' last words.
<< I have a piston pump and pressure tank water system. It provides about 40-50 psi pressure. I'd like to increase this to 60-70. >>
You are operating a tat on the high side of many well systems. The trade off for higher pressures is always less longevity for system componenets. It's like you won't get 100K miles out of your Honda at 100 MPH. Or if you do it will be one poopy puppy.
<< Would a new and bigger jet pump do the job? >>
Maybe, but if you need better flow obey the laws of physics and go for larger diameter piping. Consider discussions with both plumbers and water system experts in your area to get the best short and long term benefits. Good luck.
Joe

Thee is very little information but:
You should have a pressure switch somewhere in the system. This switch should be set to one of the following:
20-40 (very rare and too low) 30-50 (I suspect yours is) 40-60
30-50 gives adequate (assuming decent piping) residential pressure but nothing to brag about. 40-60 is plenty for any normal household use
Setting above 40-60 will result in stressing and early failure of fixtures if carried too far.
The pressure switch is easily adjustible.
Harry K

40-50
Yes you can find a 'jet' type pump that will produce that pressure but.... depending on the internal condition of your pipes, may not get you what you want at the fixtures. That's because if there are blockages like scale and encrustations, higher pressure results in higher pressure losses and actually less water at the fixtures.
Gary Quality Water Associates www.qualitywaterassociates.com Bulletin Board www.qualitywaterassociates.com/phpBB2/