Water heaters

I'm in NYS. One time my furnace broke, and I was a couple days without, as I found a source for parts. It was maybe 30 or so degrees out. I left a hair dryer running in the hall, and used a space heater in bedroom. When I was in the living room, run a couple burners on the stove. Even with that, I still froze.

8t.38371$ snipped-for-privacy@fed08.iad:

New York State? No. Arizona.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I bow to your grasp of the English language.

Same difference.

I don't know what that means, but I wanted to say it.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

IR thermom don't read shiny metal, accurately. It would be wise to put duct tape or UV resistant line set tape, a stripe from top to bottom.

Must be for a big tank. I have a medium small tank. Im not sure if I own it. I have come up of a way to check level. I'm going to use my IR thermometer and some hot water. I don't know why it took so long.

Grey

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

That's probably true. I live alone, but found out with a medium sized tank, I couldn't take a bath in a small bathtub without running out of hot water. Admittedly, the wh was set to be fairly cold (100% hot water would not burn my hand) ,and it would be enough to fill the tub the first time, but the tub would get cold, I would drain water, and put in some more hot, only to find out it wasn't hot at all.

I can give the OP details if he emails me. Remove nonono.

but it will

Reply to
micky

I see heat as being a large energy user and electric resistance heat is usually a lot more expensive then other options. But for the typical residential user, I don't believe cooking amounts to very much energy usage as a part of their overall bill. And most electricity is also generated by fossil fuel, namely coal, which we know we have far more of than oil or nat gas. And using electricity indirectly, ie via a heat pump system, can be a cost effective option, depending on where you live.

Reply to
trader4

That's probably true. I live alone, but found out with a medium sized tank, I couldn't take a bath in a small bathtub without running out of hot water. Admittedly, the wh was set to be fairly cold (100% hot water would not burn my hand) ,and it would be enough to fill the tub the first time, but the tub would get cold, I would drain water, and put in some more hot, only to find out it wasn't hot at all.

I can give the OP details if he emails me. Remove nonono.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

for a tank rental, you're stuck. i own my own 500 gallon tank, and call about 4 suppliers when it needs a refill. the price will vary a lot, sometimes by almost $2/gal from high to low. my last fill was about 2 months ago, for $2.49/gal.

amerigas runs sales about 2x/year.

Reply to
chaniarts

You got *that* right!

Reply to
krw

gregz wrote in news:1727455392387253699.787057zekor- snipped-for-privacy@news.eternal-september.org:

115 gal.

Mine has a gauge. Dun't know how accurate.

Reply to
KenK

I'll bet I'm not the only one here still wondering how much a year does propane cost you? That alone might settle the conversion issue.

Reply to
trader4

" snipped-for-privacy@optonline.net" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@y14g2000vbk.googlegroups.com:

The more information I receive from the friendly helpful people here the more I'm thinking I might well be better off staying with what I have - propane price be as it may.

Reply to
KenK

Ashton Crusher wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

No

Space heater.

Reply to
KenK

Drafty old trailer, no wonder!!!

Reply to
clare

Drafty old trailer, no wonder!!!

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I have used the crystal temperature strips on small tanks. Pour hot water down the side. This avoids the strips. My tank is painted. I can't say exactly how big it is. last winter they put 10 gallons in it, so I know it's at least that. I have not spent that much time at camp, where it's at. Still trying to figure what attachments I need for a small spare. It's got dual tank setup, but still have old style tank attached to one side. I don't think they will fill the old tank.

Greg

Reply to
gregz

Likely takes as much to heat your trailer as to heat my approx 1250 sq foot 2 story with finished basement.

Reply to
clare

I have used the crystal temperature strips on small tanks. Pour hot water down the side. This avoids the strips. My tank is painted. I can't say exactly how big it is. last winter they put 10 gallons in it, so I know it's at least that. I have not spent that much time at camp, where it's at. Still trying to figure what attachments I need for a small spare. It's got dual tank setup, but still have old style tank attached to one side. I don't think they will fill the old tank.

Greg

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Likely takes as much to heat your trailer as to heat my approx 1250 sq foot 2 story with finished basement.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

" snipped-for-privacy@optonline.net" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@w21g2000vbp.googlegroups.com:

Don't know. Just fill 115 gal tank when low. About once a year but would have to check my check regustry which I don't have handy - and that doesn't show number of gallons paid for and gallon cost varies.

Reply to
KenK

snipped-for-privacy@w21g2000vbp.googlegroups.com:

So, ballpark, if you filled the whole tank once a year, it would be $550. Around here, NJ, for just hot water and a little cooking, you might cut that in half. But that is with nat gas, which is less expensive than electricity. So, if I had to guess, you might save $100 to $150 a year if you switched to electric. But, running your own real numbers is what counts.

Reply to
trader4