Water heaters

Page 1 of 5
Since I'm faced with the strong prospect of replacing my failing water heater I'm curious to learn what others think of the tankless variety compared to the contemporary water heater tanks. Single homeowner not having to deal with others showering, etc. Might be inclined to use the shower while a clothes or dishwasher were operating though.
Although I'm leaning towards gas fired, electric could be considered as an option if cost effective.
On Fri, 07 Sep 2007 16:17:19 -0400, Jim wrote:

From what I've read here tankless heaters aren't held in high regards.

If the unit is installed by hacks, that's normally the case.
However, tankless heaters (if sized and installed properly) will offer the OP a very reasonable operational cost.

the
as
Still denigrating folks you really have no first hand knowledge of. Tisk, tisk.

the
Perhaps, perhaps not. Many factors including water quality, fuel availability, and design flow rates (both min and max) must be considered. If more than a tank full of water per day is used the fact is that the storage cost of hot water is not particularly high with current tanks. Compare a forced vent water heater tank system with a tankless and it may be substantially cheaper and more convenient at the end of the day.

--
---
there should be a "sig" here

Yeah, I forgot that most people don't have electricity to their homes, Idiot!

I know your are but what am I?
Here's the problem with fuel: Fuel choices include natural gas, propane, and electricity. Any of those systems may require substantial upgrades to convert from a tank system to tankless. Electricity in particular would probably require a larger breaker and wire if the OP wanted substantial hot water rate. A natural gas system might require a larger line if going from a 40,000 btu/hr tank to a 200,000 btu/hr tankless.
--
---
there should be a "sig" here
kjpro @ usenet.com wrote:

Whatever. But he's right.

Maybe I'm clueless and ignorant, maybe I'm not.
It is for certain that you're a dancing monkey boi. I post and you dance. Just keep on dancing monkey boi.
--
---
there should be a "sig" here

Finally, an accurate post.

Why thank you.
--
---
there should be a "sig" here

No problem, asshole.

Nice way to sign your posts. That name really fits you.
--
---
there should be a "sig" here

I already knew that!

Of course you knew that, you just hadn't admitted it in public. Now that you're out of the closet all other posters will be warned of your anti- social nature.
Just keep on dancing monkey boi. I post and you dance. Everytime.
--
---
there should be a "sig" here

Most competent people know that I'm a genius. I normally don't sign my posts. However, sometimes, I can't help but to give you a clue.
Posted by: The Genius

Way to go. Now that's what I call embracing your reality.
--
---
there should be a "sig" here

LOL. Maybe when you sober up you'll come back and read your own post. Pretty silly there drunken, dancing, monkey boi. I post and you dance. It never fails.
--
---
there should be a "sig" here